Workshops & N2Women Workshop
Please click here to download the N2Women Workshop in PDF form
The 9th N2WOMEN workshop is dedicated to women in computer science and electrical engineering working in the fields of networking and communications. It aims to bring together women technologists and researchers who share interests in the area of networking and wireless communications, as well as explore new venues of collaboration. As previous N2WOMEN workshops, this edition brings the research and career interests of women in networking and communications to the forefront, with the aim of creating new research connections and obtaining feedback on research. It also aims at increasing the synergy between academic and industry professionals working in this area. We plan to seek papers that address theoretical, experimental research, and work-in-progress for networking and communications topics.
Topics of interest include:
- Broadband Wireless Communication Systems
- Wireless Personal Communications
- Multimedia Communications over Wireless
- Advances in Satellite Communication
- Signal Processing for Wireless Communication Systems
- Adaptive Antennas for Wireless Systems
- Modulation and Coding Multiple Access Techniques
- Channel Measurement and Characterization
- Location Estimation and Tracking
- Resource Allocation and Interference Management
- MIMO Channels
- Link and System Capacity
- Spectrum Usage and Cognitive Radio systems
- Cognitive and Cooperative MAC
- Heterogeneous Cellular Networks
- Millimeter Wave Communication Systems
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Cross-layer Design and Optimization
- Cross-layer Security
- Mobility patterns, Location and Handoff Management
- Design and Analysis of Wireless LAN/WAN
- Wireless Sensors and Actuators/Robots Networks
- Opportunistic Networks
- Vehicular Wireless Networks
- Wireless Mesh Networks
- Virtualization in Wireless Networks
- Social networks
- Software defined Wireless Networks
- Swarms of Unmanned Vehicles
This workshop features (i) a keynote talk from a distinguished woman member, (ii) oral technical sessions and (iii) one concluding panel session. The panel session will be held during offered lunch.
Instructions for Paper Submission:
At least one author, mainly the first, of submitted papers must be a woman.
Authors are required to submit fully formatted, original papers (PDF), with graphs, images, and other special areas arranged as intended for the final publication.
Papers should be written in English conforming to the IEEE standard conference format (two-column, 10 pt font, etc., including figures, tables, and references). The review submissions are limited to six pages, with two additional pages for final papers (additional charges may apply for additional pages).
Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Each accepted paper must be presented at the conference by one of the co-authors or a third party, otherwise it will not be indexed and archived through IEEE Xplore.
Women Best Paper Award
We are happy to provide the Women Best Paper Award. This award is provided to women who are the co-authors, mainly the first, of accepted papers and will attend and present their paper at the workshop.
- Submissions Date: June 30, 2020
- Notifications Date: July 31, 2020
- Camera ready Date: September 10, 2020
- Registrations for authors: September 10, 2020
- Workshop Date: 13 October, 2020
- Dr. Anna Maria Vegni, Roma Tre University, Italy, email@example.com
- Dr. Bhavani Thuraisingham, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates12-14 Oct, 2020
VenueMediterranean Palace Hotel
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Canada